Arch migration (success!!)

Michael Butash michael at butash.net
Tue Dec 20 17:57:06 MST 2016

Those worlds as stated a few years ago might have saved me much grief, but
thank you for them now still.  This really is clear as mud to someone
outside looking in like me until recently and seeing fail trying still.  I
love me some futility.

Yeah, if I wanted to spend $2k per disk I think I can get a samsung 4tb
flash drive and potentially have to boot too, but really 512gb seems best
price/storage for me.  Enough to hold a plethora of vm images to boot, temp
drives for extracting things, place for few iop-hungry games and otherwise
tend to spinners, etc.

Like Stephen, I was thinking lvmcache either on flash or ram for some
bigger spinners to keep bloated games on and raided (redundancy achievement
earned!).

-mb