Color blindness test

Vara La Fey varalafey at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 15:11:08 MST 2016

A quick Google (or Ixquick if you're a tinfoil-hatted anti-surveillance
type like me) for "color blindness website design" will bring a few hits.

For testing, the Farnsworth-Munsell hue arrangement is good, and online,
and free. I've taken it, and like most colorblind people, I'm green
deficient (I knew that).

I'm glad you are thinking about this. If it helps, my affliction isn't too
bad - I see lots of crazy vivid greens - but distinguishing them from
browns and some reds and greys is weak. The worst things for me are 1) reds
and greens that are about equally dark, 2) tiny little squares on LOSEdows
color charts, as I'm also weak on distinguishing some colors unless I can
see a decent amount of them (and this may be a seperate affliction), and 3)
those goddamned "green" stoplights that are usually teal - as a kid, I
thought they were blue.

Those may not be relevant to your goals (and low light situations even less
so), but what the hey.

I've not noticed a problem on sites, other than the usual bad design,
including colors of all types that are just too close to each other. Most
engineers and designers are NOT as clever as they think they are.

- Vara
- www.facebook.com/vara.lafey