An Internet Giveaway to the U.N.

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Mon Aug 29 21:45:40 MST 2016

LOL, I did everything but answer your question, which was "what is the
problem with using the existing Internet:

1) In dozens of ways, including the "UN connection", or government
   snooping or corporate snooping or other ways I haven't begun to
   think of, the Internet and/or its associated DNS system could "go
   bad".

2) The current US Internet horribly underserves a lot of rural
   communities.

3) In most US locations, connecting to the Internet is an oligopoly,
   with the attendant high prices and lower quality.

It's possible (though challenging), that a network created and
maintained by private citizens could help all three situations.

SteveT