no support

Michael Havens bmike1 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 21:24:34 MST 2015

Yes; I am getting much the same writings about my locale encoding:

 $ locale
LANG=en_US.UTF-8
LANGUAGE=
LC_CTYPE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_NUMERIC="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_TIME="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_COLLATE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MONETARY="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MESSAGES="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_PAPER="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_NAME="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_ADDRESS="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_TELEPHONE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MEASUREMENT="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_ALL=

the warning is complaining about there being no  en_US.utf8. The difference
between what I have and what their warning about being the last five digits
in that what I have is capitalized. I am assuming it doesn't really matter
because everything seems to work correctly.

My web search with this new knowledge wasn't much help. Apparentlythere is
a difference between UTF-8  and utf8 (UTF-8 being the official standard and
utf8 being perl's version of the standard) but I could not find anything
concerning utf8 vs UTF8. Oh! I just looked at it with new eyes and see that
I was accidentally dropping the hyphen and that it is saying that perl's
version isn't installed. So now I am sure it doesn't matter!