Firefox problems

joe at actionline.com joe at actionline.com
Wed Jun 10 12:44:45 MST 2015

Firefox gives me never ending headaches, although I need it for some
things that do not work well with chromium.

After much tweaking over many years, I finally had it working reasonably
well (for my purposes) but then yesterday, something happened and it
became a mess, again, and I can't get it fixed.

The fonts are ridiculously tiny and while I can use CTRL+ (FOUR times) to
get it to a readable size, that is a nuisance.

My eyesight is not deficient. I read most small print without glasses,
but I have to use a magnifying glass with firefox.  Default fonts on
chromium are perfectly fine.

The other new problem that just started is that, until firefox apparently
changed something yesterday, I always used to be able to right click on
any of my websites, view source, and edit and resave the source to make
revisions. Now, I can no longer do that - first because the fonts are so
tiny they are unreadable and second because the source file now opens in
something other than kwrite (which I always use for text editing).

I did the about:config thing and changed view_source.editor.path to
user set string /usr/bin/kwrite (which is the way I had previously set up
everything, but even after a restart, that still does not work.

What do I need to do to get that source editor thing working again?

Also, when I go to preferences and increase the font size, that does not
fix the new extreme miniature font size problem.