usb wireless adapter

Michael Havens bmike1 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 17:42:25 MST 2015

a couple of months ago I got a pi with a comfast usb wireless adapter. Now
I was asked on list which one it was because apparently usb wireless
adapters that work with linux are a rarity.
Well, because I am moving to Florida I do not know if I will be able to run
ethernet cable in my new place to hard wire the tower to the network so I
got another adapter. I got it today and plugged it in and after I finally
figured out how to access it (with the network connection icon) I am happy
to report that GNU/Linux does indeed work with Comfast. It has a white top
if you look for it here
<http://www.comfastwifi.com/mini-usb-wireless-n-802-11-b-g-n-wifi-adapter-wi-fi-dongle-high-gain-150mbps-ralink-5370-chipset-comfast-cf-wu715n.html>
.
Now the one I have is the cf-wu810n but it appears they no longer sell that
one. I do not know if the one in my link works. I'm sure someone is selling
the 810 elsewhere!
--