O/T : Looking for an entry level LAMP developer for contract work.

Michael Butash michael at butash.net
Wed Jul 22 15:09:01 MST 2015

I actually sent that to a buddy of mine too as he knows folks that do
that sort of work more than I do, and even he was like "that's why I
don't do *that* anymore, now you know why most websites are so bad".
Sort of echo'd my thoughts.

I saw a sign at QT that they pay 60k/yr for store managers (with health
care).  I know some dev's that don't make much more after years of
experience and college, and usually herding cats either way.

I humor myself thinking Microsoft (and sun/oracle for java) made such a
terrible precedent for turning out bad *developers* for so long, its
objectified the dev field as slave labor in some circles.  I also know
some really terrible dev's that make a lot too for unapparent reasons, I
just hope their apps don't crap all over my network (but most do).

-mb