OT: Blocking Sites

parabellum7 at yahoo.com parabellum7 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 8 22:00:06 MST 2015

I too cast a vote for doing this via your router because I suspect your offspring have or will soon have enough tech savvy to bypass anything you do on their machines ... or just borrow another machine.

You can block domains, ip addresses and/or ports using your router's stock firmware or upgrade to dd-wrt if needed. If you do OpenDNS, configure your password protected router to use it.

Perhaps you can configure it so they have a gaming window, an acceptable time frame for which they can play.

If any of this conflicts with what you normally do, perhaps setup a second router for the kids to use.

Let us know what you do and if it works!

--Kenn