Open Source Bug/Issue Trackers

trent shipley trent.shipley at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 22:41:25 MST 2015

At work I am the new MANUAL bug tracker.  I get to automate anything I can
automate using Microsoft office.

Needless to say, the goal is to replace me with an automated tracker as
soon as I finish analyzing the process, putting together an effective
manual process in the process.

Of three automation options, option three is to pay the contractor (us) to
build a custom bug tracker.

Trac and Bloodhound have Berkeley and Apache style licenses respectively,
which makes them promising candidates for, um, privatization. My firm is
big enough to resurrect Bloodhound if it has enough merit. Plus, they are
written in Python, so you can hire programmers.