not getting ip address

Bob Holtzman holtzm at cox.net
Wed Oct 22 19:44:46 MST 2014

On Tue, Oct 21, 2014 at 12:59:36PM -0700, Michael Havens wrote:
> okay.... I took it in and the tech said she had connected to the net before
> she gave it back to me. then she said I probably was connecting to the
> wrong access point. how do you select ap with xfce wm?

I think you mean nm, not wm which has nothing to do with the ap. I
blushingly admit I don't know how to change ap settings. I doubt it has
anything to do with the wm or DE.

Given the state of Linux knowledge among bench techs I have talked to, I
would asked to witness her connecting.

--
Bob Holtzman
Giant intergalactic brain-sucking hyperbacteria