memory

techlists at phpcoderusa.com techlists at phpcoderusa.com
Thu Oct 9 10:14:10 MST 2014

My question is what is the computer used for?  Are you using it for your
Linux from scratch project?

If your just browsing the web and doing email, I wonder if more RAM will
really make a difference.

When you posted your memory usage I think you had more than 400MB free.

I did a search and it appears you are running the AMD Athlon 64 3500+
(2.2 GHz) processor which by today's standards is not a very powerful
CPU.  That might be why things are slower than you might like.