Cross-Compiler

Mike Bushroe mbushroe at gmail.com
Tue May 13 22:48:01 MST 2014

To avoid any confusion or concern I may have inadvertently caused, when I
said that we were not likely to get the original header files, I meant that
we would then have to work with the open source header files we thought
closest to when they forked off their own kernel, not that we should find
some way to hack their header files without paying for them. If using the
open source kernel header files is not close enough to cross-compile a
stripped version of busybox, or even just a modified version of nandwrite,
then we give up on the project. And at this point in the program, I doubt
that I will be able to convince management to pay for having the programs
cross-compiled by the vendor, even though the vendor has the whole
cross-compiler setup running and dialed in for years. So if we can't do it
in house with open source, then no joy and we have to make due without.

Mike

--
"Creativity is intelligence having fun." — Albert Einstein