Problem with Audacity in Kubuntu 14.04

Derek Trotter expat.arizonan at gmail.com
Mon May 12 19:10:19 MST 2014

In case this is of interest to anyone else.

Recently I had upgraded to Kubuntu 14.04.  After that I found that
Audacity wouldn't open many audio file types like it would before the
upgrade.  Today I took the deb file from the Kubuntu 13.10 live disc and
put them in the desktop folder on this beast.  Then I opened a terminal
window in my home directory and entered :

dpkg -R --install Desktop

I then started Audacity and it worked normally.

--
"I get my copy of the daily paper, look at the obituaries page, and if I’m not there, I carry on as usual."

Patrick Moore