Need Help With Slightly Borked Debian Testing System

Mark Phillips mark at phillipsmarketing.biz
Wed Mar 5 21:27:37 MST 2014

Brian,

apt-get dist-upgrade worked, and I have the latest new shiney gnome 3
desktop. However, I may have to get a new laptop, as the desktop really
spins the fan on my laptop - it uses about 75% of the CPU at times.

aptitude upgrade now does not hang on dependencies, but shows the system is
all uptodate.

However, I still have the depmod warning, but I googled it an it looks like
it may be benign.

Thanks for the help!

Mark