How to find or set printer IP address for wireless?

Matt Graham mhgraham at crow202.org
Thu Jun 19 15:07:23 MST 2014

On 2014-06-19 14:42, joe at actionline.com wrote:
> Bob Elzer wrote:
>> Press the GO Button five times within four seconds
>> to see the wireless settings
> Thanks Bob.  That was new info that I had not found
> or seen any other place,
> Network Name (SSID)     SETUP
> Communication Mode      Ad-hoc

This was in one of the JPEGs you posted earlier.

> However, it doesn't seem to be correct because my system
> Network Name (SSID) is "upquick" (not SETUP) ...
> And I still don't know how to get wireless to work.

I DuckDuckGoed "Brother HL2270-DW manual" and read chapter 3.  As far
as I can tell from that, you can plug the printer in to a wired network,
find its IP address, then use a browser to go to
http://192.168.0.whatever/ and use the web-based administration tool to
tell the printer to use ESSID "upquick" and the password for your
network.  The web-based administration tool is not documented in the
fine manual though.

Chapter 3 also says some stuff about using "wi-fi protected setup"
which may also be a possibility--not sure.

--
Crow202 Blog: http://crow202.org/wordpress
There is no Darkness in Eternity