running slow

Michael Havens bmike1 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 11:11:47 MST 2014

What is 'speech-dispatcher'? Softpedia says it is a synthesizer but I can't
tell if I really need it from softpedia.

One of the things I remember now is that  things sarted slowing down after
I installed clamav so I stopped that from running. What about the running
programs in the task bar (like google hangouts and update manager and
dropbox)( well, I want to keep update manager running but that is an
example).