Debian desktops (Re: SUSE Linux Days Road Tour)

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Sat Jul 26 01:06:20 MST 2014

Am 25. Jul, 2014 schwätzte Michael Butash so:

moin moin,

> Ahh, debian lurkers!
>
> Just out of curiosity, not to hijack the thread, but don't find a lot of pure
> debian users... what train of debian are you and/or most people using for
> desktop, if not just servers?  Curious what others are using if not the usual
> ubuntu flavors of deb, or raw debian even.

I use both debian and Ubuntu desktop. I also use both for server.

Brian has gotten me to keep KDE in mind. Last year general awesomeness of
KDE and not liking a single viewable app desktop got me to test KDE again.
I have now moved mostly to KDE for desktop.

ciao,

der.hans
# "My team has created a very innovative solution, but we're still looking
#  for a problem to go with it."  -- Randy Glasbergen, 14Mar2006