Cheap Dell Laptops

Todd Cole toddc at azloco.com
Fri Jul 18 17:50:20 MST 2014

we the "installfest crew" have not seen any modern computers that will not
run linux and only a few that have issues that are minor like power
management issues. or if you find one please stop by the installfest so we
can test/verify why what causing issues Todd
windows 8 tablets are supposed to be locked down but i have not tested them

On Fri, Jul 18, 2014 at 5:24 PM, <techlists at phpcoderusa.com> wrote:

> On 2014-07-18 14:19, Bob Holtzman wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Jul 18, 2014 at 11:52:05AM -0700, techlists at phpcoderusa.com
>> wrote:
>>

>>> From my experience Dell is Linux friendly. I'd double check if it
>>> will run Linux though.  I think the new HP's will not.
>>>

>> Reason?
>>

> I think it has something to do with the bios.  I have a 4.5 year old HP
> laptop that runs Linux, however it is my understanding the new ones will
> not.
>

>>> Last year when I bought a new Dell workstation. After telling them I

Todd Cole
Ubuntu Arizona Team
4605 S PRIEST DR LOT 3
TEMPE AZ  85282-6507