Laptop Woes

Mark Phillips mark at phillipsmarketing.biz
Tue Dec 23 19:25:05 MST 2014

Thanks to everyone who responded!

I tried attaching an external monitor, and I could not get that to work
either. There is a function key that switches the displays, but that did
not work. So, there may be more wrong that I originally thought. I also
could not get an Ubuntu CD to do more than exercise the CD-ROM....no visual
feedback on the screen.

I checked the HP and Dell refurbished laptop sites, and there weren't any
under $500. Craig's list had some boxes for $200 - $500, but I have had
mixed success with computers from Craig's list.

Stephen, I really appreciate your offer. Let me return the favor and say if
you need some D620 parts in the future, send me an email!

Instead of putting money into a new/used computer for 5 months of use, we
decided to get the MacBook Pro ahead of graduation. <father bragging> Since
she is ranked second in her class, I am pretty sure she will graduate...;)
</father bragging> I had a friend get it for me with an Apple employee
discount, so it was not as painful as it could have been. I am going to
pull the hard drive from the D620 and put it in a usb caddy and hope I can
recover her work from last semester. Wait for the screams of excitement and
joy from my daughter on Christmas Day.

All the best to everyone on and off the list....Merry Christmas, Happy
Kwanza, Happy Hanukka, Happy Holidays!!!!

Mark