securely wiping drives

Eric Oyen eric.oyen at gmail.com
Tue Dec 16 01:56:07 MST 2014

well,
those sound like excellent ways to erase a drive. I still find DD to be useful. I can write all zeros to the drive, or any other pattern (including the random one from /dev/urandom). THese do take a while, but in the end, your drive is wiped enough that even the NSA might not consider it worth the effort to recover.

-eric