memcached vs tuning MySql

Bryan O'Neal Bryan.ONeal at TheONealAndAssociates.com
Mon Dec 15 21:49:52 MST 2014

Tune mysql. unless you are using memcache to cache complex query results
the mysql will usually be more efficient. However memcache avoids
authentication, query parsing, etc. This leads to increased time as well.
In which case, if you are ok with that, just make memcache calls directly
to innodb.
buffer pool should normally be 90% of available ram. This is where mysql
caches reads and writes.