FTTH Areas

Todd Millecam tyggna at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 12:16:15 MST 2014

Judging by the article you gave me, McDowell Road in Scottsdale is about
the place to look--makes sense, it's right along the Phoenix Internet
Exchange Point/internet backbone.
I'm currently living in Provo.  I have been on fiber for the past 8 years,
and I don't want to go through withdrawals.  Having been part of a google
fiber roll-out once before, they tend to hook up customers who already have
a direct fiber line to their house about 2-3 months before they start the
general construction and rollout to debug the system.

On Thu, Dec 4, 2014 at 12:06 PM, Stephen Partington <cryptworks at gmail.com>
wrote:

> most of the fiber areas are the really new locations. however due to the
> google fiber rollout this is changing alot right now as Cox is getting
> ready to announce gigabit speeds in order to compete with google fiber.
>
> https://fiber.google.com/newcities/
>

> http://www.azcentral.com/story/money/business/2014/10/26/cox-internet-gigabit-high-speed-phoenix/17949237/
>
> On Thu, Dec 4, 2014 at 12:04 PM, Todd Millecam <tyggna at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I'm a long time linux guy looking to move back home to Phoenix/Maricopa
>> county.  I was wondering if anyone knew of neighborhoods that already have
>> fiber hooked up in the Phoenix area so I can know where to start my
>> house-hunting at.
>>
>> --
>> Todd Millecam

> Stephen