Keyboards

Matt Graham mhgraham at crow202.org
Thu Oct 31 15:46:28 MST 2013

Derek Trotter wrote:
> I like the ancient IBM keyboards that make that loud clicking noise
> and weigh 50 pounds.  Are new ones being made?  If so where can they
> be had?

http://www.pckeyboard.com/ ?  Unicomp made those and are apparently
still making very similar models with buckling-spring action.

> Nathan England wrote:
>> Das Keyboard Model S Ultimate (just awesome)
>> Das Keyboard Model S Professional (yeah, I get volume keys)
>> CM Storm QuickFire Ultimate (all the goodies)

FWIW, using xbindkeys can make a key or key combination of your
choosing set the mixer volume +5% or -5% .  Or mute.  Or anything you
can do with a shell command.  Using xbindkeys in combination with
xmacroplay can make it so that pushing Shift-F2 will send X key events
for "foobar" to the currently active window, for example.

--
Crow202 Blog: http://crow202.org/wordpress
There is no Darkness in Eternity