libreoffice notes

Brian Cluff brian at snaptek.com
Thu Nov 14 13:21:42 MST 2013

On 11/14/2013 12:24 PM, Michael Havens wrote:
> Turning off the comments will work. Not as nice  as what I want but
> such is life.

If it's possible to do your templates as an LibreOffice Drawing give
that a try.  I think that having a non-printing layer might be exactly
what you are looking for.

Here's an example of what I mean from my cd template that I made a long
time ago for ooextras:
http://www.smalldataproblem.org/ooextras/alldownloads/cd_label_template.sxd

If you print the document it will come out blank, but as you can see
there are all sorts of things on the page to tell you that to do and
help line things up.

> I just saved my business process as a  bunch of templates and put
> them in the wrong section. After a resaved them in the correct
> section I found I could not delete the old templates. How does one do
> that? Another thing, how do you create your own template section?

If you go to File -> New -> Templates the window that pops up looks the
same as one the for saving the templates, but it will allow you to move
and delete templates as well as create directories.

That being said the templates are saved in
~/.config/libreoffice/4/user/template  If it's not there look at Tools
-> LibreOffice -> Paths and it will tell you where your templates are
being loaded and saved (caution, there are multiple paths on the line,
and you can add more)

Once you have the correct path, just move the files around using your
favorite file manager.

Brian Cluff