OT: Thuderbird on Win7 - cannot remove folders from trash

keith smith klsmith2020 at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 14 11:36:53 MST 2013

Hi,

This is OT.

I am running Thunderbird on win7.  I am running the current version.  I've looked for an answer and I find lots of people asking about the problem, however there seems to be no solution.

I moved a number of folders into the trash folder and now I cannot get them out.

The account is configured as IMAP.

I've tried right clicking on the folder and clicking delete on the menu and I have tried emptying the trash folder.

Error message: The current command did not succeed... invalid command".

The only work around I found on line was to use web mail or another client to remove the folder(s) in question.

I do not have web mail nor do I have another client.  I tried using my phone, however it does not remove folders just mail.

I do have shell access to the server if that helps.  Postfix and Dovecot.

Any idea are much appreciated.

Thanks!!

Keith