OT: Then vs Now Programming WAS: Re: AMD vs Intel memory managemement

Nathan England nathan at nmecs.com
Thu Jun 13 12:52:05 MST 2013

On Thursday, June 13, 2013 12:46:59 PM keith smith wrote:
I think some of it is bloat.  Look at Linux 10 years ago and look at it now.

I think the first time I installed Linux it came on 3 or maybe 5 micro
floppies. That was around 1997.  Now it comes on a DVD.

That would make sense with what Alan said. 10 years ago you could get linux on
a handful of floppies, but it was command line only.
Today's DVD version has 17 different graphical window managers and hundreds of
bits of eye candy. Good points!