google chrome-incognito window

Nathan England nathan at nmecs.com
Tue Jun 11 18:48:51 MST 2013

On Tuesday, June 11, 2013 06:35:20 PM Michael Havens wrote:

I tried to share with you startpage.com[1] this morning (and accidently sent something
else which not everyone appreciated). My question is, is this not the same as google
chrome's incognito window? If not would someone explain to me what the benefits of
the incognito window is.

Incognito, along with Firefox's Private Browsing Mode and Internet Explorer's similar
thing is all intended for people who want to watch porn on their computer but not
have to worry about their significant other checking their browsing history and finding
out they were watching porn.

Sure, there are other uses, like surfing without annoying adds tracking you across
websites, but really, the browser history is the main issue.

Nathan

--------
[1] http://startpage.com