vlc movie player

Michael Havens bmike1 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 17:06:35 MST 2013

well, I upgraded from mint 13 to 14 in the hopes that would fix my video
woes but that didn't help any. I also increased the cache for vlc (a
possible solution) but that was not a help as well. So I have to choose
between vlc, totem, and mplayer; vlc freezes at the first frame while audio
continues normally; totem plays slowly and the audio stops after saying,
'Hello Michael' (the first sound on the video) but it doesn't seem to have
any interlacing associated with the video; mplayer needs deinterlacing and
the video is slow but the audio plays normally. So vlc has the least wrong
with it:D Any ideas on what to do?