OT: Do older Tivo units have any value?

Derek Trotter expat.arizonan at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 19:51:06 MST 2013

I'm told they run linux.  If this is true, then they would at least be
useful as something to play with, seeing if you can load ubuntu, fedora,
slackware, etc on it and get it to do something useful.  If tivo still
works with one, it would at least be useful as a tivo box, but I have no
idea what one would be worth.

Some of the parts in it might be useful.  My dinosaur runs off a 20GB
hard drive that came out of one.

Sorry I couldn't be of more use.

On 01/24/2013 06:58 PM, joe at actionline.com wrote:
> OT: Do older Tivo units have any value?
>
> http://www.upquick.com/temp/tivo.jpg

"I get my copy of the daily paper, look at the obituaries page, and if I'm not there, I carry on as usual."

Patrick Moore