Suggestions for a reliable Cloud backup solution

Eric Cope eric.cope at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 11:39:58 MST 2013

Since we are talking about cloud backup solutions. I just had an
interesting experience with Crashplan that I will share.
Crashplan offers a seed service, where you can request an external hard
drive be sent to you, you put all of your data on it, and mail it back. It
can be faster than waiting to upload everything. Additionally, if you need
to recover, then can send you the hard drive with your data on it for fast
recovery.

So, I received an email from Crashplan that my data was on a corrupted disk
volume. They are working to recover it, but until then, they are backing up
all of my data to another disk. In addition, they offered this seed service
for free since their volume died.  I have additional backups so I am not
concerned regarding data loss or slow uploads, but its cool to have a slick
method of seeding your data.

Thanks,
Eric