Windows cleaner

Nathan England nathan at nmecs.com
Fri Feb 15 14:28:47 MST 2013

I have never retained a copy of Windows that came with any machine I have ever
purchased, as I typically pop in a linux disc and wipe away on first boot.
Then I run Windows inside VirtualBox. I have a real partition for a windows
installation now, but even so, when I use windows I only use the 90 day
evaluation versions.

I am very limited in my use with Windows, but still it seems I always manage
to mess something up. I never install anti-virus software, of any kind, nor
malware anything beyond what ever Windows 7 has built in. I have not any had
issues that I believed to be virus related, but I have yet to hit the 90 day
expiration date before I have to wipe and re-install because of windows
stupidity.

Example, just a week ago I updated to LibreOffice 4 and now when I open a
folder by double clicking in Windows Explorer it will only open in a new
window. I can right-click and select open and it will stay in the native
window, but why should I have to do this? And what caused it?

I realize I could go search google and edit the registry to fix this, but that
is still such an irritation that I want to wipe the system and start over. Not
to mention the fact that when I select Devices and Printers from the control
panel the window is completely blank.

What do I use this windows 7 install for? Occasional notepad++ editing of php,
GoToMeeting, and Netflix.

I would love to create an image, but the 90 day limitation stops me. Unless
there is a way around that, but I have not bothered to look.