Naked PC or laptop

Kevin Fries kevin at fries-biro.com
Thu Aug 15 06:53:59 MST 2013

I'll second the system 76 recommendation.  The company I work (Aspen
Systems) for sells bare metal all the time, but they tend to be very high
end with E5 dual/quad processors (X9 motherboard with four E5-2690 (8 cores
each)  and 16x8gb ram would not be all that unusual for us...  I built one
yesterday) .  So, there are places around,  but System76 assembles in
California,  is based in Denver,  and builds a solid machine run solely on
penguin power...  No MS Tax here.

Kevin