Just Back from Defcon

Phil Waclawski phil.waclawski at mesacc.edu
Mon Aug 5 00:27:42 MST 2013

It was amazing. I have several extra copies of the session slides they
handed out before the convention.

I learned a great deal, I did NOT end up on the wall of sheep (then again,
I didn't log into ANY accounts). Still not sure if my old laptop was hacked
or not (I wiped it, put a clean install on it, with nothing on it I care
about), but I'll check it out later, I don't really need it.

And I have this urge to make a bunker and hide in it.  These people are
very good, and very scary.

I learned:  SIP  sucks (sorry VOIP folks) and DNS is NOT your friend, and
may end electronic civilization as we know it :)

I only bumped into one PLUG member, one of my former students.

Was a blast. Oh, and on an  odd note, TSA does not care about lock picking
equipment going through security. Or at least they didn't care about mine.
;)

Phil Waclawski