New laptop wish list

keith smith klsmith2020 at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 2 08:39:06 MST 2013

I assume from the description it is this guy :  https://www.system76.com/laptops/model/galu1

Looks like it sells for $995.

i7 with 16GB of RAM.  That is a lot of power.  What would someone be doing to need all that power?

Ok, it says up to 16GB of RAM.

I'm curious why so much machine?

I'm thinking this Dell http://configure.us.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?oc=dncwc04b&model_id=inspiron-15-3521&c=us&l=en&s=eep&cs=6099 would be a very nice Linux machine and it sells for $391.99 and Linux is free.

I just bought an ASUS 23" flat screen for $119.99 and added it to my laptop.  Very nice combo.

Keith Smith