I'm Attending Defcon this August, advice?

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Fri Apr 19 22:30:48 MST 2013

Am 19. Apr, 2013 schwätzte Alan Dayley so:

moin moin Alan,

> Why in the world would anyone actually attend a conference where you KNOW
> people are going to attack your electronics and data? Erasing everyone's

It's in the city where people pay to let someone steal from them, so it
fits the theme.

http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/culture/2013/01/video-the-art-of-pickpocketing.html

> credit cards? For the lulz, I guess. It sounds like a bunch of very smart
> trolls getting together to see who can out-troll who. I would just
> be collateral damage in such a group. I guess it's an effective way to keep
> the non-trolls and newbies out of the "defcon club." Or maybe it is a from
> of hazing.
>
> And, if I HAD to go, cash, pen and paper is all I would bring.

Make sure to keep them somewhere safe ;-).

ciao,

der.hans
#  Like the maid, I don't do (M$)Windows. - der.hans