How to reprogram the M$ key?

Brian Cluff brian at snaptek.com
Fri Sep 21 19:48:51 MST 2012

If you are talking about the key that is just to the left of the space.
  That is the "meta" key.  It's like CTRL, ALT or SHIFT and should be
used to get to extra functions in combination with that key.  It
shouldn't really do much beyond that and shouldn't be capable of locking
up your computer.

It is used quite a bit in KDE in hotkeys that adjust the window manager.
For instance if I press META + 0 I get a magnified image around the mouse.

Brian Cluff