Helping a Japanese Ftiend

Matt Graham danceswithcrows at usa.net
Sun Sep 16 20:38:27 MST 2012

From: Dazed_75
>> Note that the fsck you need may be called udffsck, and it might
>> not be installed.
> I could not find it anywhere   While searching Synaptic for it I did fins
> dares and dares-qt.  It found 53 files and built a recover.iso but that
> does not seem to be helpful either.

udffsck is part of the udftools package.  I see some Ubuntu packages
available, so there must be a Debian package for that somewhere.  Were any of
those 53 files .VOB files?  Single-layer DVDs that can be played in standard
DVD players generally have 1..4 VOB files of about 1G each, and that's where
the stuff you want probably is.  If you can get VOB files and play them using
mplayer/xine, you've got something, and you can probably put those things back
into a better DVD with some work.

> larry at hammerhead:cdrecord -toc dev=/dev/sr0
> track:   1 lba:         0 (        0) 00:02:00 adr: 1 control: 4 mode: -1
> track:lout lba:   1989840 (  7959360) -1:59:74 adr: 1 control: 4 mode: -1
>
> Me, I don't see anything helpful there.

1 track, no indication of multisession, I think.  Er, does cdrecord -msinfo
dev=/dev/sr0 say anything?  I don't have any multisession non-fixated discs
sitting around right now to do an experiment.

--
Matt G / Dances With Crows