Linux and Libre office questions

Dazed_75 lthielster at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 17:39:26 MST 2012

On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 4:41 PM, <joe at actionline.com> wrote:

> 1) Where can one submit Libre office questions?
> I looked at libreoffice.org but can't find a forum
> there to submit questions.

right in the middle of that green bar across the page is a link for
"get-help"  that changes ti second line to have many categories of how to
get help but if you just clicked on it it would take you to
http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/ and there they are.  What is unclear
due to the wording is that the AskLibO really IS a forum of sorts, just not
a tradition BBS style one.  Also a google search for LibreOffice forms
shows a number of them including  what your other responder said.

> In any case, there are also Linux aspects to my question(s).
>
> 2) How can I create additional pages for an .odt document like
> the one shown at this link:  http://www.upquick.com/temp/a.page2.odt

Under the Insert menu, use the Break entry to insert a page break.  Format
that page as you wish or perhaps use a template to make it and if you want
another page, insert another page break.  Might not be the whole answer but
that is where I would start.

> A pdf version of this same document model is here:
> http://www.upquick.com/temp/a.page2.pdf
>
> I cannot find any way to add blank pages to a Libre (or Open) office
> document. When I try to scroll down to force an additional page to be
> added by adding more text than will fit, the "Masthead" .odt document that
> I have listed above just stretches the content of the main body frame
> beyond the borders of the frame, thereby creating a non-viable document.
>
> 3) Also, when I try to view the subject .odt model listed above on my
> Linux systems, the following screen capture is what I see:
> http://www.upquick.com/temp/ebookviewer.jpg and the resulting document is
> a distortion of my original document.

I am unable to open your link so I have no input for you.

> What other options are available to view an .odt document online (without
> having to download the document to view it?

Dazed_75 a.k.a. Larry

Please protect my address like I protect yours. When sending messages to
multiple recipients, always use the BCC: (Blind carbon copy) and not To: or
CC:. Remove all addresses from the message body before sending a Forwarded
message. This can prevent spy programs capturing addresses from the
recipient list and message body.