Spam control? (was RE: virus)

Carruth, Rusty Rusty.Carruth at smartstoragesys.com
Fri Nov 9 08:51:01 MST 2012

As I remember (but remember whose memory we are talking about :-) -

I had 3 lists - those known to be spammers, those known to be ok, and
anybody else.  (Ok, so the 'anybody else' wasn't actually a LIST, it was
anybody not in the first 2 lists)

Known spammers got some huge delay (I think I finally ended up with 24
hours!), known safe senders got zero delay, and unknown got a few
seconds (or maybe I made it zero, I don't remember).

So non spammers got either zero or minimal delay.

If I can remember, I'll see if I still have that config file somewhere,
cause now you got me curious!

I should mention that there IS one 'small' downside - if you get ALL
your internet sockets tied up with spammers then you cannot receive (or
send) email (or do anything else network-related until one of the
sockets frees up).  I don't think I ever hit that limit, but then I only
do email for my family...

Rusty