Problems Printing with Firefox

Mark Phillips mark at phillipsmarketing.biz
Sun Mar 18 07:49:27 MST 2012

I have Firefox 11.0 installed, as well as Google Chrome 17.0.963.65, Opera,
and of course, Epiphany on my Debian testing machine. I use cups for
printing over the network to my hp printer. Chrome, Opera, Epiphany all
recognize all the installed printers on my network, but Firefox does not
see any of them. I don't even have the print to file option that most posts
on the subject talk about. When I look in firefox's about:config at all the
print* settings, the printer is there, but it does not show up in the print
dialog and I cannot print from firefox.
Anyone else have this problem, and know how to solve it?

Thanks,

Mark