Looking for Router Suggestions

Eric Shubert ejs at shubes.net
Fri Jul 6 17:19:04 MST 2012

I run IPCop as a VM (presently VMware, soon to be KVM).

IPCop has everything you're looking for in a prebuilt distro. Any ol'
PentiumIII or greater should do, with 2 nics. IPCop provides all of the
network services you'll likely ever need, and then some.

You really only need 2 nics (WAN/LAN) on the firewall. I think it'd be
more appropriate (easier, cheaper) to add another GigE switch to what
you have. They can be chained together of course.

--
-Eric 'shubes'