How to set up a dual boot on a thinkpad

Joseph Sinclair plug-discussion at stcaz.net
Thu Dec 13 16:25:37 MST 2012

This actually looks like a NTFS junction point; rather than a file.  You may need to use specialized software to remove it, as Windows has no built-in support to create or delete junctions (but it does follow them).
The other thing that might be messing you up is that NTFS puts it's file database roughly in the middle of a partition.  Try resizing the partition down as far as you can, then chkdsk the volume in Windows (usually Windows forces this on the next reboot), then try another resize.
In that way Windows may move that troublesome "file" out of the way for you.