Is there any disadvantage to a static ip address?

JD Austin jd at twingeckos.com
Mon Aug 20 14:50:42 MST 2012

I used to have to have a keep-alive script going all the time with Qworst
because the modem would go offline due to inactivity.  A cron script that
does
* * * * * ping -c 5 google.com >> /dev/null
every minute is enough to keep your internet connection from going
inactive.
As a side effect I got emails queued up from time dns/network went down to
when it comes back up to document outages.

JD