Anybody have a spare nVidia card?

Matt Graham danceswithcrows at usa.net
Mon Apr 16 15:08:55 MST 2012

I've been fooling around with the open-source nouveau kernel and X modules for
getting TV-out and accelerated 3D working on my nVidia GeForce 7100 GS.  I've
got it mostly working.  However, I'm seeing some spotty corruption when using
OpenGL.  I don't know whether this is because of A) the latest git
Mesa/gallium nv30 module having silly bugs in it B) my video card being 5
years old with the possibility of marginal hardware failure.

If you've got a spare PCI-E nVidia card lying around, could I borrow it and
test it?  I'd be using it for less than 1 hour.  I'll be at the Stammtische
tomorrow night.  Heck, I could bring the desktop system to the Stammtische.
If nobody has one, no worries; I'll just end up spending $50ish on a slightly
newer card....

(FWIW, the corruption is still present, and actually much worse, when using
the evil binary-only nvidia kernel module and X module.  It's not present at
all with nv, and only noticeable with nouveau if I start using accelerated
OpenGL--which is why I thought "hardware problem".  I Could Be Wrong.)

--
Matt G / Dances With Crows