iTWire - More proof of Oracle's disinterest in open source

Matt Graham danceswithcrows at usa.net
Fri Oct 14 11:12:51 MST 2011

From: Jason Holtzapple <ml at bitflip.net>
> On 10/14/2011 10:17 AM, Eric Shubert wrote:
>> Oracle appears to be taking its toll on VirtualBox.
[URL snipped]
> Or maybe they just have bad coders.

Possible.  I remember the "installer" for a 2000 version of Orrible for Linux
that had the worst error reporting I've ever seen, where I had to use strace
to find out what was really happening and how to fix it.  I think it went more
like this, though:

"We don't like this project.  How can we get rid of it without *looking* like
we're trying to get rid of it?"
"Assign a couple of the least skilled people to it, then tell them it's low
priority."
"Brilliant!"

--
Matt G / Dances With Crows