IT & soldering volunteers for Maker Faire Phoenix 2011

Dave U lookleftgoright at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 03:57:02 MST 2011

Hi PLUG,

We are looking for a couple of IT volunteers for the event that I though
might be a good fit for this list. Volunteers get free tickets, prestige and
glory (at least the tickets part is true). We are looking for a person or
two who can assist with some of the IT at the event, mainly setting up some
PCs, some wifi aiming, and some cabling. Nothing big, the infrastructure is
very simple. The dates/times for volunteering would be friday the 14th in
the afternoon or early in the day on saturday.

There has been a pretty successful learn to solder station at other Maker
Faire's and we would like to continue the tradition at this one however some
last minute changes left us short handed. If you have very basic soldering
skills and are interested in teaching others 11-7 on saturday the 15th
please let me know also. Soldering is very basic on a "learn to solder
blinking robot badge" with about 4 joints. Soldering equipment is already
available, we just need some additional hands.

On another note our upstream for the event wifi is pretty small but we do
have some long range wifi and microwave equipment available so if anyone has
or is aware of a party with any kind of line of site to 3rd st and Roosevelt
st downtown we might be able to work something out.

If you are interested in volunteering please email volunteers at makerbench.com

Thanks.

-Dave