Ubuntu Linux losing popularity fast. New Unity interface to blame? | Royal Pingdom

Kevin Fries kevin at fries-biro.com
Wed Nov 30 10:59:32 MST 2011

I have been a huge Ubuntu advocate until Unity.  I can't stand it for a
number of reasons.  My laptops are both System76 machines, and thus run
Ubuntu.  I have not changed from the core OS installed, but did install
Gnome Shell to prevent giving up all together.  On my home desktop, it
is in the middle of being converted.  I am backing up the software, now,
and have considered both Fedora and Pinguy OS for its replacement once I
get a good stable internet connection to that machine.

As for me... Unity is 100% to blame

Kevin