md5sum

Michael Havens bmike1 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 15:45:14 MST 2011

Oops, just niticed the typo. I accidently put a space in it. You know.... I
didn't remember umount needing the full line... I thought you just needed
to tell it the device in /mnt to umount.

bmike1 at Michael-Notebook:/mnt$ sudo umount /dev /dvdrw
umount: /dev: device is busy.
        (In some cases useful info about processes that use
         the device is found by lsof(8) or fuser(1))
umount: /dvdrw: not found

On Mon, Nov 28, 2011 at 3:28 PM, Matt Graham <danceswithcrows at usa.net>wrote:

> From: Kevin Fries <kevin at fries-biro.com>
> > You probably have a terminal open that has a shell whose current working
> > directory is on the drive.
>
> Michael wrote:
> bmike1 at Michael-Notebook:/mnt/dvdrw$ eject /dev/dvdrw
>
> Where is /dev/dvdrw mounted?  Probably /mnt/dvdrw/ .  If a process
> (Michael's
> shell) is in /mnt/dvdrw/ , then you can't umount it.  So, "cd ; umount
> /dev/dvdrw" will probably work a lot better....
>
> --
> Matt G / Dances With Crows
> The Crow202 Blog:  http://crow202.org/wordpress/
> There is no Darkness in Eternity/But only Light too dim for us to see