share the faith, my brothers and sisters in the penguin!

Michael Butash michael at butash.net
Sat Nov 19 23:38:52 MST 2011

I've usually not had issues with linux on almost any desktop hardware
aside from raid and other odd controller devices.  Laptops is where
things always get interesting as each vendor hacks their power
management differently.  I never really understood why either, doesn't
seem like each vendor should have to reinvent the wheel here.

You probably won't even notice aside from suspend/hibernation function,
and as Sam said, invariably someone has probably been through it by now
with older hardware.

Emachines were never bad per se aside from bloatware in windoze, and
cheap/crap hardware.  I've seen drives die, memory go bad, mobo's, etc
usually due to just low-end cheap hardware.  Gotta make a profit
somewhere, right?  Sure isn't off the windoze licenses.

-mb