Introductions and Current Status

Stephen cryptworks at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 21:48:24 MST 2011

Even I'd Ubuntu fails it has made some neat inroads that debian can pick up
and the several forks can pick up as well.

I had liked gnome for years Andaman somewhat fond of xfce as a result. But
Kadee is appealing to me more lately.

I think my first exposure to *nix at all was in school on Solaris 5 system
which prompted me to take a Unix multiuser class at mccauley to gain a real
shell acct. About 2 weeks later I had grabbed red hat 6 and installed it to
a spare drive.

I loved it but still have this small stack of software that doesn't quite
work right in a vm.

So a little over 1/3rd of my life has been technical and I have used and
abused computers since before I was about 5.

Right now the virtual display and virtual cry stuff is getting closer to my
dream system and I can finally make my full transition.

Now that I have geek babbled to the list o have been here for maybe 5-6
years about the same amount of time I have been married.